No, you don’t have to use clear coat when spray painting. However, if you want a more durable and long-lasting finish, clear coat is always a good idea. It will protect your paint job from UV rays and other environmental factors that can cause fading.
Other related questions:
What happens if you don’t clear coat paint?
If you don’t clear coat paint, it will eventually start to chip and fade.
Does spray paint need top coat?
Most brands of spray paint do not require a top coat, but it is always best to check the manufacturer’s instructions to be sure.
When should I apply clear coat spray paint?
You should apply clear coat spray paint after you have applied the base coat of paint and allowed it to dry.
- Spray Painting FAQs – Classy Clutter
- Can you clear coat enamel spray paint? | Finddiffer.com
- How To Apply Clear Coat Spray Paint? – Paint Sprayer
- Knowing When to Use Clear Coat Spray Paint
- Spray Paint Directions – AutomotiveTouchup
- Applying Clear Coat: Do’s and Dont’s – DetailXPert’s blog
- How to Spray Paint – Problems Solved and FAQ’s Answered