It is typically advised to wait at least 24 hours after spray painting a metal door before rehanging it. This allows the paint to fully cure and adhere to the surface, making it more resistant to chips and scratches.
Other related questions:
How long should you wait after spray painting metal?
You should wait at least 24 hours after spray painting metal before using or handling the item.
How long does it take for paint to dry on a metal door?
It can take up to 24 hours for paint to dry on a metal door. However, it is best to wait at least 12 hours before using the door.
How long after painting doors can you hang them?
It is best to wait at least 24 hours after painting before hanging doors.
Can you repaint over painted metal?
Yes, you can repaint over painted metal. You will need to sand the surface to remove any loose paint and then apply a primer before painting.
- Paint Spraying a Steel Door – House Painting Guide
- How to Paint A Metal Door in 7 Steps – MYMOVE
- How to Paint a Metal Door (DIYer’s Guide) – Bob Vila
- Great Tips for Painting Doors | The Family Handyman
- How to repaint your aluminium door – Crucial Engineering
- paint exterior steel door – Fine Homebuilding
- How to Spray Paint – Problems Solved and FAQ’s Answered