If your shaker siding is in need of a fresh coat of paint, it’s important to clean the surface before beginning your project. This will ensure that the new paint adheres properly and doesn’t have any streaks or spots. The best way to clean shaker siding is with a power washer. You’ll want to use a mild detergent and hold the power washer about a foot away from the surface. Be sure to rinse the siding thoroughly afterwards to remove any residual detergent. Once the siding is dry, you’re ready to begin painting.
Other related questions:
How do you clean shaker siding?
There are a few ways that you can clean shaker siding:
1. Use a power washer on a low setting.
2. Use a garden hose with a spray attachment.
3. Use a soft bristle brush and soapy water.
How do you prepare cedar shakes for painting?
1. Start by cleaning the cedar shakes with a power washer. Be sure to hold the power washer nozzle at least 12 inches away from the surface of the shakes to avoid damaging them.
2. Once the cedar shakes are dry, apply a primer specifically designed for use on cedar shakes.
3. Once the primer is dry, apply a top coat of paint in the color of your choice.
Does siding need to be cleaned before painting?
It is generally recommended that you clean your siding before painting it. This will help the paint to adhere better and will also allow you to inspect the surface for any damage that may need to be repaired.
- How to Clean Your Siding Before Painting – The Spruce
- Cleaning Cedar Shake Siding and Shingles – Five Star Painting
- How to Stain or Paint Cedar Shake Siding for a Pretty Finish