-A4 size paper
-A4 size canvas
-A4 size frame
1. Firstly, take your A4 size paper and pencil and sketch out a portrait of a person you want to paint. Be as realistic as possible.
2. Once you’re happy with your sketch, start cutting out different sections of the portrait with scissors.
3. Once all the pieces are cut out, start glueing them onto the A4 size canvas.
4. Once the glue is dry, start painting over the portrait with acrylic paint.
5. To add a bit of realism, use a technique called ‘sanding’. This is where you take a piece of sandpaper and lightly sand over the top of the portrait.
6. To finish off, add a frame around the portrait. And that’s it! You’ve now made a newspaper collage portrait painting.
Other related questions:
How do I make a portrait collage?
There are many ways to make a portrait collage, but one way is to start with a large piece of paper or poster board. Cut out images of faces from magazines, newspapers, or online, and then glue them onto the paper in an interesting arrangement. You can also add other elements such as text, quotes, or images of nature to create a unique collage.
How do you make a collage with newspaper?
There are many ways to make a collage with newspaper. One way is to glue newspaper strips onto a piece of construction paper or cardboard. Another way is to cut out shapes from newspaper and glue them onto the construction paper or cardboard.
How do you make a painting collage?
There are many ways to make a painting collage. One way is to take several different paintings and cut them into pieces. Then, rearrange the pieces into a new composition. Another way is to paint directly onto a collage of different papers or other materials.
- self portrait collage by myuh on deviantART – Pinterest
- PORTRAIT COLLAGE PAINTING TUTORIAL. Mixed Media
- Make a Self-Portrait Collage | Megan Coyle