If you’re like most people, you probably have a few pillows on your bed that you switch out depending on your mood. But what if you want to add a little more personality to your space? Abstract paintings are a great way to do that, but they can be tricky to match with the right pillows. Here are a few tips to help you out.
1. Consider the colors in the painting.
Abstract paintings can be full of vibrant colors or more subdued hues. Either way, you’ll want to consider the colors in the painting when choosing pillows. If the painting is full of bright colors, you might want to choose pillows that are a little more muted. Conversely, if the painting has more subdued colors, you can go for brighter pillows.
2. Think about the texture of the painting.
Abstract paintings can have a variety of textures, from smooth to rough. The texture of the painting can help you decide what kind of fabric to choose for your pillows. If the painting is smooth, you might want to choose a satin or silk fabric. If the painting is rough, you might want to choose a more textured fabric like burlap.
3. Consider the theme of the painting.
Abstract paintings can depict a variety of subjects, from landscapes to geometric shapes. When choosing pillows to match an abstract painting, think about the overall theme of the painting. If the painting is a landscape, you might want to choose pillows with nature-inspired patterns. If the painting is geometric, you might want to choose pillows with a more modern look.
4. Choose pillows that complement the style of the painting.
Abstract paintings can be created in a variety of styles, from expressionistic to cubist. When choosing pillows to match an abstract painting, consider the style of the painting. If the painting is expressionistic, you might want to choose pillows with a more whimsical design. If the painting is cubist, you might want to choose pillows with a more geometric design.
5. Get creative!
Don’t be afraid to experiment with different pillow designs and fabrics. The most important thing is to choose pillows that you love and that make you happy. After all, that’s what abstract art is all about.
Other related questions:
What compliments abstract art?
Abstract art can be complimented by many things, but some common compliments are its colors, lines, shapes, and overall composition.
How do you pair abstract art?
There is no one answer to this question, as there are many ways to pair abstract art. Some possible ways include pairing pieces by color, theme, or style; or by creating a contrast between two pieces. Ultimately, it is up to the individual to decide what works best for them and their space.
What rug goes with abstract art?
There isn’t necessarily one specific type of rug that goes with abstract art – it depends on the specific piece of art and the overall style of the room. However, some general tips for choosing a rug to go with abstract art include:
– Choose a rug with a similar color palette to the art piece.
– Consider the scale of the art piece and choose a rug that is a similar size.
– If the abstract art is very busy, choose a simpler rug design so as not to compete with the art.
– If the abstract art is more subdued, you can choose a more detailed rug design.
Does artwork have to match furniture?
No, artwork does not have to match furniture. You can choose to coordinate your artwork with your furniture, or you can choose to create a completely different look. It is up to you!
- How to accessorise with cushions and wall art
- How to use Art to inspire your cushion selection
- Need help in matching pillows with wall art – Houzz
- Easy Ways to Decorate with Abstract Art – juliemariedesign
- 120 Abstract Art Cushions ideas | throw pillows … – Pinterest