If you’re planning on painting your aftermarket fender, there are a few things you’ll need to do to prep it first. Here’s a quick rundown of what you’ll need to do:
1. Sand the fender down to create a smooth surface.
2. Apply a primer to the fender.
3. Paint the fender with your desired color.
4. Clear coat the fender to protect the paint job.
5. Let the fender dry completely before installing it on your car.
With these simple steps, you’ll be able to paint your aftermarket fender and give your car a whole new look.
Other related questions:
What should I use to clean my fender before painting?
There are a few different ways that you can clean your fender before painting, but we recommend using a mild soap and water solution. You can also use a degreaser or rubbing alcohol to remove any oils or dirt from the surface.
How do you prep metal fender for painting?
There are a few different ways that you can prep your metal fender for painting. One way is to sand the fender down with sandpaper until the surface is smooth. Another way is to use a chemical stripper to remove any existing paint or corrosion from the fender. Once the fender is prepped, you can then apply a primer and paint to the fender.
How do you prepare body panels for painting?
There are a few different ways to prepare body panels for painting, but the most important thing is to make sure the surface is clean and free of any dirt, grease, or other contaminants. You can use a variety of methods to clean the surface, such as sanding, using a degreaser, or using a chemical stripper. Once the surface is clean, you will need to apply a primer before painting.
Do new body panels need primer?
Primer is typically not required for new body panels, but it is always a good idea to consult with the manufacturer or your local automotive body shop to be sure.
- preparing a new part for paint – YouTube
- How to Prepare Any New Aftermarket Auto Body Parts for …
- How to Correctly Prepare Any New Aftermarket Auto Body …