-A drop cloth or old sheet to protect your floor
-Fabric paint in the color of your choice
-A can of spray paint primer
-A can of clear acrylic sealer
-A few old towels
-A foam brush
-A small paint roller
-A lint free cloth
Now that you have all of your supplies, you are ready to start spray painting your fabric furniture! Here is a step by step guide to help you through the process:
1. First, you will want to protect your floor by covering it with a drop cloth or old sheet. Then, using painters tape, tape off any areas of your furniture that you do not want to paint.
2. Next, using your foam brush, apply a generous amount of fabric paint to the areas you are planning to paint. Make sure to apply the paint evenly and in a thin layer.
3. Once the paint is applied, let it dry for about 30 minutes.
4. Now, it is time to apply the spray paint primer. This will help the paint to adhere to the fabric and also give it a nice, even finish. Simply hold the can about 12 inches away from the furniture and spray in a back and forth motion.
5. Let the primer dry for about 30 minutes and then apply a thin layer of clear acrylic sealer. This will help to protect the paint and keep it from chipping or fading.
6. Once the sealer is dry, you can now start spray painting your fabric furniture! Again, hold the can about 12 inches away from the furniture and spray in a back and forth motion.
7. Let the paint dry for 24 hours and then remove the painters tape.
8. Finally, using a lint free cloth, buff the furniture to remove any excess paint.
That’s it! You’ve now successfully spray painted your fabric furniture!
Other related questions:
What do you need for fabric painting?
To get started with fabric painting, you will need some basic supplies. These include fabric paint, brushes, and a fabric medium. You will also need a piece of fabric to paint on.
How do you spray paint furniture with fabric?
There are a few different ways that you can spray paint furniture with fabric. One method is to use a fabric spray paint, which can be found at most hardware stores. Another method is to use a regular spray paint, but be sure to protect the fabric with a piece of cardboard or something similar before you start painting.
What kind of paint do you use to paint fabric furniture?
There are a few different types of paint that can be used on fabric furniture, but the most common type is latex paint. This type of paint is easy to work with and can be cleaned up easily with soap and water. It is also very durable, so it will withstand a lot of wear and tear.
What do you spray painted furniture with?
There are a variety of different types of paint that can be used on furniture, depending on the type of finish you want. For a more traditional look, you can use a latex paint. For a more modern look, you can use an acrylic paint.
- How to Paint Upholstery: Old Fabric Chair Gets Beautiful …
- How to Paint Fabric Furniture – This Old House
- How to Spray Paint Your Sofa: 14 Steps (with Pictures)
- How to Paint Fabric Upholstery with Chalk Paint – wikiHow