Smoke and nicotine stains can be difficult to remove from walls and other surfaces. Professional painters typically charge a fee to clean these stains before painting. The cost will vary depending on the size of the area to be cleaned and the type of paint being used.
Other related questions:
Can you paint over walls with nicotine on them?
Yes, you can paint over walls with nicotine on them. However, it is important to clean the walls first to remove any dirt, grime, or other contaminants that could prevent the paint from adhering properly. You may also want to sand the walls to create a smooth surface for the paint to adhere to.
Can you paint without washing walls with nicotine on them?
Yes, you can paint without washing walls with nicotine on them.
How do you clean nicotine walls before painting?
There are a few ways to clean nicotine walls before painting. One way is to use a mild detergent and water solution. Another way is to use a vinegar and water solution.
How do you paint a room that has been smoked in?
The best way to paint a room that has been smoked in is to use a primer specifically designed for this purpose. You will likely need to apply multiple coats of primer to fully cover the nicotine stains. Once the primer is dry, you can then paint the room with your desired paint color.
- How to Paint Over a Heavy Smoker’s Walls – Home Guides
- How Often Should Landlords Paint Rental Properties? (FAQs)
- How Much Does Fire and Smoke Remediation Cost?
- 2022 Cost to Hire a Painter | Painter Cost per Hour – Fixr.com
- How to Remove Cigarette Tar and Nicotine from Walls
- 2022 Cost To Hire A Painter – HomeGuide
- Does Painting a Home Get Rid of Smoke Smell?